Monday, February 28, 2011

Babies Room 2/28/2011



It has been way too long since my last post and I apologize for that.  I wanted to give you all and idea of where we are at with the new babies room.  The pregnancy has been going way too fast and I can hardly believe that we are half way.  Jess has been having a rough go at it the entire time.  She has been incredibly sick and been extremely tired.  Jess can't help with the painting due to be pregnant so I set off on the daunting task of getting the babies room ready.  Come to think of it Jess was pregnant with Mya when we painted the rest of the house....Coincidence?  I don't think so.  For those of you who know me well...I HATE PAINTING.  This is for a very good cause though.  We decided to not find out what sex the baby was so we had to stick with unisex colors.  Let me rephrase that...Jess decided not to find out what the sex of the baby is (I did).  Surprisingly it isn't as difficult as you would think keeping it from her.  I have just decided not to tell anyone at all.  I have been pressured believe me but I havn't let it spill.  I figure if I tell one person then it will lead to telling 2 people and then I won't be able to stop.
The few pictures that you see here are just the start to the room.  This room was our guest room and was the only room in the house that I hadn't painted yet.  We moved a couch bed into my bonus room and that is now serving as our guest room.  Any guests that we have won't mind at all.  As you can see from the pictures we selected an orange color for the top and we are doing a series of stripes on the bottom and separating these colors with some chair rail.  We are also going to hang some curtains.


I even got brave enough to let Mya help me paint.  She was a great helper with this.  She is going to make a great big sister.  Jess and I keep asking her if she wants a baby brother or a baby sister.  She floats back and forth but she has been leaning more toward a baby sister.  Only time will tell what the baby is....:).  The stripes were as much of a task as you would expect them to be.  It took me 2 weeks to do all the painting because once you painted you had to let it dry before you could paint other colors.  So after 2 long weeks the paint was done and the chair rail was up.  I couldn't have done it without my buddy Brandon who also lives next door to me.  Without his help I don't think I would have been able to do it.  Jess made a video of the completed room so enjoy.....


We are very happy with the completed room and can't wait to meet the new little one.  By the way here are the names that we picked out.  If it is a boy we are going to name him Kolby Matthew Dimmick and if it is a girl we are going to name here Addyson Dru Dimmick.  Can't Wait.


Here are a few pics and videos of Mya on her first putt putt golfing outing.  She absolutely loved it and I hope you will too.  Until next time......Love you all!!















No comments:

Post a Comment