Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jacksonville Fair and other odds and ends

The beginning of November always brings many things to mind.  Family...Holidays...Colder weather!  In Jacksonville one other thing comes to mind.  The Jacksonville Fair.  I have been to many fairs in my life time but the fair here in Jacksonville always blows me away.  It is a huge event with many rides, games, animals, shows and great food.  We have made it a family tradition to go down town and enjoy the festivities and always and I do mean always partake in an Elephant ear.  We bundled up the kids and ourselves and headed down to the big event.  Mya absolutely loves getting right in the middle of things and riding everything she can get on.  She is my little daredevil and I absolutely love it.  There is no ride that she won't attempt to go on.  At one point she even pointed to the gigantic roller coaster and looked at me with her big blue eyes and said.."Daddy can I please please please go on that"  I wanted to let her go so badly but knew that she would be scared out of her mind,  I didn't know how to tell her no...thank god for height requirements.  She did however go on everything that she could get on.  Anything and Everything from the merry go round to the kiddie roller coaster and the flying airplanes.  Some of the rides she could go on by herself but others she had to have one of us go with her.  Of course daddy had to be the one to go.  Just imagine me getting on the minuture cars so she could ride...not a pretty site.  It made Mya happy so definately was worth it.

After we had ridden just about everything that we could ride we decided to go and check out a show.  They always have this pretty cool show of just dogs doing dog tricks.  This is a show that travels the country performing with many different dogs catching frisbees and running obstacles.  It is a really cool show and Mya absolutely loved it.  I have to admit I think it is pretty cool as well.  After the show we went and got something to eat.  There is nothign better to me than fair food.  I know it is horrible for you but who doesn't love a giant turkey leg.  I mean come on!!  Here are a few pictures from the fun night.


Mya before we got into the fair...brr it was cold

Addyson enjoying the festivities

The roller coaster as you come into the fair


Mya's first ride of many was a zoo train

Zoo train ride

She looks so happy!

More Zoo train Ride

Mya flying her airplane.  She is very adamant that she wants to be a pilot when she grows up.  She tells us this all the time..

Taking flight

More flying

change of pace..now flying a helicopter


More Helicopter

Four wheeling

Not as cool as flying an airplane but Dumbo will have to do

this is of a roller coaster.  Mya loved it but scared daddy to death!  She is my little dare devil


The dog show...jumping and catching frisbees

Daddy and Addy

Daddy and Addy again

Mya checking out the bunnies.  They had a couple farms there with cows, pigs, chickens, goats, and other kinds of animals.


Here are more pictures and videos for you to enjoy!!!





Video of Addyson Rolling Over  Click here!!!!

Check back next week.  We are taking the kids to Tampa to the Aquarium this weekend.  Should be some great pics coming...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment