Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jacksonville Fair

 
 




I remember as a kid how much fun the county fair was.  The rides...the junk food...the games.  It was a great feeling to go and just have a great time.  People watching was always fun too.  I think I got that from my mom and my grandmother.  They can people watch with the best of them.

Jess and I took Mya to the Jacksonville fair a week ago.  We weren't really sure what to expect because obviously she is only 2 so we were getting ourselves into uncharted territory.  We thought that she might be too young to really enjoy herself.

We arrived at the fair and funny enough Mya didn't want to walk.  She HAD to ride in her stroller.  She kept screaming "stroller"..."stroller" so we let her come along for the ride.  The look on her face when we paid our way through the gates was priceless.  She could see the rides from the entrance.  We decided to go ahead and find the ticket booth so we could try the ride thing before it got too dark to get some pictures of her.  We could either buy individual tickets or we could buy an unlimited ride bracelet.  We opted for the individual tickets because we didn't think that she would last very long on the rides.  Wow were we wrong.  We have a little thrill seeker on our hands.  She absolutely loved the rides.  We first took her on the airplane that went around in circles.  She laughed the entire time with her hands straight up in the air.  Obviously these were kiddy rides but you can tell from the pictures that I had just as much fun on the rides as she did...haha.  We went from the airplanes to the bumble bees and she loved this even more.  She kept making buzzing sounds the entire time we were on the ride.  I couldn't believe that this bumble bee ride would hold me but it did...how embarrassing would that have been...probably just as embarrassing as a grown man in a bumble bee ride.huh.  We rode a couple more things then Mya laid her eyes on a pretty scary looking ride.  The Roller Coaster.  She HAD to ride this thing.  Just imagine how devastated she was when we found out she was a couple of inches too short...Oh well.  There is always next year.

At that point we were out of tickets and decided to go and check out the animals.  They have anything from pigs and cows to a dog show that does tricks.  She loved every minute of it.  I think the animals were glad to see her go!  I think her favorite were the little chicks.  She was trying her hardest to get in the cages with them. 

After the animals we decide to go get some food.  Gotta love fair food...YUM.  I think for dinner we had a bucket of nachos with orange stuff that didn't even closely resemble cheese and a slice of pizza that was a little closer to being called a piece of rubber.  Mya had a corn dog for the first time and seemed to like it but Mya really eats just about anything.  She is my little bottomless pit.

All in all it was a great day.  Wish my sis could have brought the triplets down because I think they would have enjoyed it as well.  Maybe next year :).  I hope you enjoyed our fair trip...Stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment